Travel grants (also known as STFC Futures Early Career Awards) are now available
- Aimed at early career researchers (PGR, postdocs, lecturers in the first 5 years of academic appointment), allowing them to travel to conferences that they would not normally attend, often with a colleague (from the Network) who has more expertise in this area. The Network will help those who wish to use this funding to find a suitably qualified person to travel with. For example, this allows biologists to attend conferences that have more of a physics theme and vice-versa. The aim here is to break down “language barriers” between disciplines and to promote multi-disciplinary thinking.
- Travel grants will also be available for early career researchers looking to build international collaborations (up to 50% of cost), to attend international conferences (up to 50% of cost) or who wish to talk to potential industrial sponsors.
- Exceptionally, more experienced researchers can apply for these travel grants but they will need to provide a reason why they want the Network to fund their travel.
How to apply: Please contact Helena Kondryn (Helena.firstname.lastname@example.org) for an application form.
Terms of Application
- Awards are available to PhD students, early stage researchers (within 5 years of first research appointment) and lecturers (within 5 years of academic appointment). Restrictions exclude time for career breaks, parental leave etc.
- Exceptionally, more experienced researchers can apply, but will need to provide a reason why they want the Network+ to fund their travel.
- The meeting to be attended must be linked to the remit of STFC and the Advanced Radiotherapy Network+.
- Applications received within four weeks of the start of the meeting will not be considered.
- Award decisions will be communicated within four weeks of receipt of application.
- Applicants may receive only one Futures Early Career Award.
- Money will be paid upon receipt of a completed claims forms and accompanying documentation (as specified on the claims form).
- A brief report must be submitted to the Network+ within four weeks after the meeting, outlining the benefits to you from participation in the meeting.
- The participant should acknowledge support from STFC and the Advanced Radiotherapy Network+.
Travel Grants Awarded
Please select from the names below to preview reports on meetings from successful applicants.